Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Project a Day: #19 Sunburst Granny Cardi

It's mid-week AGAIN! I'm counting not only days but hours till we leave for Pretoria! This Project took me about a year and a bit to finish. Half of that time it was sitting in a bag waiting to get done. It seems to have become a thing for me, I go into a project with all my might and energy and then it's like I'm no longer intrigued by it and find something better more interesting to do. Then, for some reason the project sticks it's head out and says: "I'm ready to be finished now" and then I finish it. During the time I started on this project, I couldn't find any reference or patterns for what I wanted to do. So, I made up my own pattern and it's a real show-stopper!

 -I'm so happy with how it turned out! It's warn and lovely and an instant "pick-me-up". The Colours are so bright eyed and bushy tailed... -

-in the above picture, you can see the awesome maroon yarn that I found at a local charity shop! It' Acrylic but oh so soft... The rest of the yarn are from my very first crochet blanket which I decided to frog. I know, crazy right? I couldn't really use the blanket because (being my very first) it was crocheted so tightly that it was a stiff block of a blanket. My tension is so much better now, having about 10 years of crocheting experience. Wow, that's a lot, never thought about it like that... Anyway, I know I should probably block this project but I kinda like the texture it's creating. Also, I'm still deciding whether or not to add edging and buttons. What do you think?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's impressive! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to make something like this.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird