Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Project a Day: #10 From Old Blanket to New Scarf

Welcome! If you're here for the first time, thank you for joining us. I'm currently busy with a "Project a Day" which was interrupted by good times and family visits but now I'm back and we continue to Project #10. In my previous post, I told you about the crochet blanket I found at a local charity shop and how damaged it was when I opened it up at home.As I was taking it apart, I got this idea to make an infinity scarf(I'm kinda addicted to those).

 -Ta-daaaa! This was quick and really fun to make. It's also one of the coziest scarves I've ever made-
 
-There was really nothing to it. I used squares from my damaged thrifted blanket, added rows where needed and crocheted them together in the round. To finish it off, I added three rows on either side and that's me finished-

-There is a scarf-project in our little town for the disabled children of the Camphill School in Hermanus. My gran knitted a right fluffy one while they were here and so I decided to donate this one to Camphill School. I hope that my scarf will keep someone snug this winter-

xxx

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. It looks so intricate when it's all wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird