Sunday, September 26, 2010

Recycled Paper Badges

Some time ago a comment posted on Hayley's blog, Heidi&Seek(now http://thinkermaker.com.au/), inspired me. In the comment, the follower asked what she could do with all her old magazines and that got me thinking. There are so many things you can do with paper! I had a heap of old Getaway magazines that were on their way to being recycled. I paged through them and thought, "why not make recycled, home grown South African badges?" and so I did. I tore out all the pages with images on that were small enough to fit onto my badge size...

1) I cut the images into smaller pieces and used my little die-cutter to cut the circles.

2) I put the backing of the badge face down in the back slot of my button-badge-maker and the front-piece, the picture and then the plastic cover, in the front slot.
3)The slot with the picture slides in underneath the punch and the lever is pulled down and lifted. The slot with the backing is then slid underneath the punch, the lever pulled down and lifted.
4)When the last slot is slid out, the badge is complete.
5)A pretty recycled-magazine-paper-badge!

6)Now repeat steps 2 through to 5 as many times as you want.     

I just love recycling! Not only is good for your planet, it also makes for great fun-filled projects and minimizes consumerism. I have a lot more paper craft projects coming your way, so be sure to keep an eye on my blog :)

3 comments:

  1. GREAT WORK my Love. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning! You should sell them in all guest houses and hotels. Always something of South Africa to take home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I need a button maker!

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird