Friday, March 14, 2014

Lucky Friday Finds #12

It's Friday! And for some reason I have a really good feeling about this weekend. We were planning on going "over the mountain", literally. Our closest mall is about an hour away and you have to take a drive either around or over the mountain, so when the locals chat about their trip to the mall they speak of going "over the mountain". This took some getting used to when we just moved to Hermanus because I'm accustomed to having a mall on almost every corner where we lived in Pretoria. Our plans were mixed up a bit when my mom asked if we could look after my little brother André this weekend while they're away. He's quite the character! I helped raise him as he was born when my other brother, Ruan and I were both still in high school. André and I are very much on the same page most of the times, he say's I'm the crazy one but I think he's much crazier than me. As for our weekend plans, I have learned that we can almost never plan anything, we don't know what the future holds and things can change in the blink of an eye. Now I'm not saying not to have any aspiration, I mean quite the opposite. We plan things all the time (as more of a back-up) and then we wait patiently for life to happen, and oh does it happen!

Today is a very good example of how things go around here. Between work, I need to get the house sorted, put some fresh bedding on the guest bed, among other things. Through all this, I'm on standby for a coffee date with my mom. She's meeting with a friend this morning and will let me know when it's my turn so as to discuss the weekend with my little brother and to make all the necessary arrangements.

As for now, it's time to share with you what I found! Again, I found this while in Pretoria last year. I was walking around in a massive plastics store (I love to roam these, they always have hidden treasures) and just before I walked out the door thinking that they had nothing that interested me, I saw it! Packed on a bottom shelf amidst the stationery, I found a few boxes just waiting to be discovered…

 -when I see something sewing, knitting, crochet or any other craft related, my brain turns on a flashing red light…awesome alert! And of course this baby came home with me. It has a very retro, 1970's air about it, doesn't it? If you look closely on the box, there's a little icon on the top left that says "as seen on TV" I wonder if this product did a bit of time traveling…-

-isn't this just the best thing you have ever seen?! It's the perfect little traveling sewing kit, with everything you'll need for a wardrobe emergency or when you're sewing tiny crafty gifts. I love how organised it is. My other sewing kit is in a little clear bag and I always end up emptying the contents out on the table to find what I need. With this sewing box, you can see and access anything you need in a flash!

What have you found recently that's worth sharing with us? I would love to hear from you!

Have an amazing weekend!

xxx



  

1 comment:

  1. Haha, we are going "over the mountain" this weekend :) This is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird