Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finished at last...

It all started when I found a lost and abandoned crochet blanket at my friend Irma's shop, Matchbox. I took it home, washed it and worked in all the little loose ends. Then I noticed that this little granny square blanket was crochet together and not sewn and I've never done that before. So I decided to make my own version of this orphan-blanky. It took a while to figure it out but I did it!
(I can't seem to find my photo of the original blanket. I will take a new photo and post it soon)

As soon as I figured it out, it was a breeze! Now I started using the same method to assemble my box full of sextet-motives. Also my first try at that pattern.

Dave left last night for Cape Town to join the rest of the candidates at the Yuri Arcurs Boot Camp, he is so excited and nervous! I'm holding my thumbs and my toes and my breath for him. It's an amazing opportunity and after the Boot Camp, the chosen 15 participants undergo three years of training. So now I have a lot of time on my hands, being alone and all:( 
Man, I miss him and it's only been one day....!    

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is soooo pretty, love the colours! The perfect blanky for a little marshmellow...


blogger template by lovebird