Friday, December 3, 2010

Hello Owly! Here You Are At Last!!!

In June I won a bundle of fabric from Haley's blog  thinkermaker . The reason I chose Bundle#1 was that each piece of fabric sent me on a trip down memory-lane and the pink one took me right back to when I was four... Oh, how I loved that room:)

I had told Hayley what I would make with each of the 3 pieces... The pink one's fate was to become a plushy Owl for my new niece, Leia. So I googled a few soft toys and owl images, made a photoshop-collage and started planning.


Off course I had to get some extra fabric to add to the look, and some coconut wood buttons for eyes...
After my planning and designing, I drew out a pattern on some old newspaper, cut the pattern out of the material and started the work! This project was my second ever sewing project, done with no help from experts. I was so surprised and delighted when Miss Owly was born, I didn't want to part with her.

I'm sure Little Lea will take good care of Miss Owly and that he will bring her great joy and make her some awesome memories... :) 

*Thank you, Hayley... If I hadn't won Bundle#1, I probably wouldn't have made Miss Owly.*

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, love it!
    Thanks so much for sharing what you made with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks, Hayley! posting some things made with your fabric soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! some MORE things, is what I meant to say...

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird