Monday, August 23, 2010

China Mart

China Mart is the new "buzz-word" in Gauteng. During the past 6 months I've heard China Mart mentioned by several people. I heard it was situated somewhere in Johannesburg but no-one cared to share the directions. As I was living in Pretoria at the time and didn't get to Jhb much I soon forgot about this cool place everyone was talking about. Until one day my Aunt, Charmaine, asked if I would like to go with her to China Mart. She had to get specific goods from there and thought that I would enjoy going along. So we made a date and by 25June we were a group of six from Pta on our way to China Mart.

I found this pretty Owl ring and it only cost me R20....

These yummy strawberries have two types of strawberry lip gloss inside...mmmmm. the lady I bought them from was talking to her cat the whole time I was in her shop. The cat sat on the counter and bowed his head towards me for head scratch. On the other side of the counter was an aquarium filled with fish. What a cute experience. The delicious ribbons were from a less friendly shop, but they're still pretty. After our shopping, we went to the "food court". We sat down at the first restaurant that we past(yip, we were starving), and had a traditional Chinese lunch. Chicken chopsuey with sweet&sour sauce and a fortune cookie to end the day with.....good eat'n!   

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird