Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Circular Knitting is Da Bomb!

Well, a few years ago I walked into an Indian-owned wool and haberdashery shop to by wool. I cannot seem to keep my hands to my self when it comes to textures. I'm forever touching, feeling, squishing the wool and finished products in those shops and the particular scarf I was feeling that day was a knit with a difference. The Indian lady immediately told me about this circular needle and how she doesn't use any other needles. So of course I left there with a pair of circular needles that day. Now the only problem I had was that I wasn't much of a knitter and my needles ended up in one of my wool-bags. Upon moving to Hermanus I re-discovered my needles and decided to give it a try. This is my third try on these needles and I just started a new one.
 I wanted to make a simple Infinity scarf, so I cast stitches onto my needles until there was no more space left. I then turned the whole thing around and started knitting plain stitch all around and around until I felt my scarf was broad enough and then I started casting off. Worked in the loose ends and I had a scarf.
 pretty, soft, kid mohair and acrylic mix:)
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Chane' - you are very good with your hands!

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird