Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hey December! I'm back in action!

Hey friends, I know it's been forever since I last posted here. To tell you the truth, I've had the worst year ever! My mom and I went to Pretoria in October to celebrate my gran, Paulina's, 70th birthday and my 31st… That was the highlight of my year! Surrounded by family and friends, I was spoilt rotten! Although I missed Dave and the fresh sea breeze, it was soooo good to be able to spend time with so many of the people I love! Any case, I just wanted to say "I'm still here" while I still feel up to writing this post.

My aunts all did a wonderful job with organising my gran's 70th Birthday party! It was held at Lynnwood Primary School where they have the loveliest little venue which they rent out for special events. I'm not sure who the caterer was, but the food was both pretty and delicious! Well done to all parties involved. My gran's 70th was quite a memorable one.

So much detail and Lavender everywhere, because it's my gran's favourite herb, smell, colour…. you get the point. My mom and I were so fortunate to be there and to share this joyous day with her.

At 70, my gran is on Facebook, works a digital camera, sends us whatsapps regularly… this granny is quite up to speed with technology. She also posts recipes on a few Facebook groups, I think she might even be more socially active than I am.

Everyone pitched in and with a lot of organising and work my aunts gathered photographs of each of the 4 daughters, 6 grand daughters and 2 great grand daughters. They then had a calendar made with the four generations of woman in our family. Aren't they just beautiful? All of them!


My grandparents are so cute together, I can only hope that Dave and I end up like them at that age. Well, I was born on my grandmother's birthday and since I can remember, I've had two birthdays! One with friends and one with family. It's always a special birthday when we're able to celebrate it on the day, together.

To my gran, who is a regular here on OddOneOut, thank you for your endless love and support. I appreciate every link you share and every like or comment you leave, love you!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird