Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Outfit Love: Black Week (2)

Hey, it's Tuesday! The past few weeks are a bit of a blur, I came down with the flu about two weeks ago and thought I'd recovered from it last weekend. To my surprise, it just hit me harder last Sunday. I was quite enthusiastic about Organising Life and started with my Black Week series last week Monday. Epic fail! I was so sick and my meds made me so sleepy, I don't even remember half of what happened last week. The lovely warm weather and my grandparents visiting over the weekend had me feeling a bit better, though I'm still coughing quite a lot. Being sick has left me very isolated and I fell out of touch with the world. With audio books being my only company as I slipped in and out of consciousness. I listened to How to succeed by Orison Swett Marden and Letters of a Post-Impressionist, Vincent van Gogh, but I'll talk some more about those later.

Today's outfit (to tell you the truth, I cannot even remember when this was taken) I'm sharing with you as part of my Black week series.


This was the first time wearing my new biker jacket (Woolworths) I really love this jacket, come to think of it, this jacket has actually replaced the soft black jacket I bought last year. I shall be getting rid of that one now. My booties! Ah, I found them at Fashion Express after searching everywhere for a comfortable, pacifical boot. They are so awesome, I ended up wearing them almost everyday! They just slip right on and the go with almost any outfit. I'm very chuffed with the above mentioned investments, they were well worth the purchase.


This little black number was more of a tunic and I've always wanted to lengthen it just enough for it to be worn as a dress. Lucky for me, I found just the right amount and type of fabric for just that purpose. So during my more "awake" times last week, I added to the hem, seemed it and voila! At last! I wore it out to dinner with Dave on Friday night and will definitely where it again. Maybe next time I'll remember to take an outfit photo. The offcuts of this particular piece of fabric were cut and melted, ready to become part of a rose hair clip (coming soon).

I hope you all had an amazing Tuesday and to all my sick buddies out there(cause I hear there are a few others), keep warm and I trust we'll all get better real soon!

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird